Thursday, March 5, 2020

Barbeque, Books and Lemon Cupcakes


  Yesterday was a humdinger of a day. It was just dang-near                                                                    perfect.

The sun was out, temps around 70 (can you believe that in March?) and I was out 'doing my thing.'
                                           Whatever that is!

I had a noon appt with my hairdresser. I was anxious to see how much more brown she was going to cut off.  I really am liking my new look. More on that later.

My d. Susan called just as I got in my car so I sat for half an hour chit-chatting with her. She's talking about food and I am getting more and more hungry. So, I said, 'Girl, I am getting off here and go find me some lunch.'

Barbeque was on my mind. My favorite is a shop (Q-Daddy's) 20 minutes away but I had my schedule all mapped out and it didn't include that! So, I stopped at Cook-Out. Now, I do not like Carolina barbeque and that was what that was. Durn! But, I did enjoy my Cheerwine and made sure I refilled before I left so I could just keep on enjoying it.
My next stop was the library. I have lived here over 5 years and I have been in that library once and that was to get a card (just in case I ever needed one). I do all my reading on my Kindle. But, my son was telling me that you can download books from your library on your phone, kindle etc. Sounds like a plan to me. So, the girl showed me how to add an app to my Kindle. I haven't yet but I am excited.

Next to where I parked my car at the library was this row of the cutest little spring flowers. I don't know what they are... but they were so pretty



So, I headed home and in my head are these visions of photos of all sorts of goodies. I saw on facebook where a new bakery had opened in Suffolk. Called Sugar Mama's. So, I popped in there and got me a lemon,lemon,lemon cupcake. It was really good. Wish I'd taken a picture of it. But, trust me, it was as pretty as it was good.

Yep, it was a humdinger of a day alright. I hope you had a good day yesterday and will have good days all week long... well, the rest of the week. It is  isn't it?

                                Where did this week go? 

11 comments:

  1. I use the library app when I travel so I don't have to take as many physical books along which I prefer to read. The app is Overdrive. But just like with the library there's a wait list for good books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome day! I should get that library app for my little laptop. It just dawned on me that you live in Suffolk. My daughter lives there too. Actually, she'll be here with me tomorrow morning. I can't wait! We'll have a whole week to have fun together. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little flowers! I should know their name, but can't think (the name will come to me in about a week! ha!)
    I spent yesterday gathering up various documents to get our taxes done. We had more medical expenses last year (we both had dental work not covered by insurance), so we may itemize our deductions.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderful day, indeed! Most likely because you made it so by seeing the good things in it! I love your attitude and the way you live Life! Another thing I’m loving is your book Magnolia Spring! I like everything about it from the story to the cover yo the way the words lay on the pages. It’s a beautiful book through and through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I am glad you are enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. I want to know if you are going natural regarding your hair color? I want to do that too but it's hard as my hair is colored a deep reddish chestnut and would look awful growing out!

    Star of Bethlehem bulbs I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know if you are going natural regarding your hair color? I want to do that too but it's hard as my hair is colored a deep reddish chestnut and would look awful growing out!

    Star of Bethlehem bulbs I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe Spring is almost here. Think you will enjoy the library Kindle. I love mine. Never have to leave the house. You download the book and in two weeks they snatch it back. If some reason that isn't long enough, I believe you can renew via the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love a humdinger of a day:) Yours sounds like it was just that! Those little Spring flowers are SO pretty, I am finally ready for Spring! Enjoy today dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just spent some time catching up on a couple of earlier posts, Latane, and all I can say is "You Go Girl!" I definitely enjoy your attitude and spunk and so glad you are thoroughly enjoying every day. just listened to a podcast episode on "Finding Delight" and it's something many people fail to do, but certainly NOT you. I agree with your comment on the BBQ and have never heard of or tried Cheerwine...is it a cherry flavored soda? We used to see those early spring blooms on lawns everywhere when we lived on the VA eastern shore and I believe a couple of others have given their ID.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having the sun back makes a huge difference in the day doesn't it? Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.