Saturday, September 26, 2026

A Nor'easter Week


Fall is here. Can you  believe it? 

It decided to turn cool. This Nor'easter is making my ears and nose cold. I am NOT going to turn my heat on but you can bet I am going to put my feet on the heating pad while I watch my Saturday college football. Roll Tide!! 

My week has been interesting. I am less willing to drive in the rain now at this age than ever. I don't even want to do it in a drizzle. Wednesday I had a dental appointment and guess what... it was drizzling!! I told myself I was brave and I must have believed myself 'cause I took off in that yucky mess and made it fine. Glad that trip was successful! 

Friday was a pretty day. Thank God for sunshine!! My car needed it's yearly inspection and I had an eight o'clock appointment to get it done. I mean, I don't usually get up 'til 8 but once again, I told myself I could do it and I did. Another successful trip. I'm getting pretty good at this!! 

I may pull out my Fall decorations tomorrow and make this place look more seasonal. I don't do much.. there's no storage for a lot of stuff and I just don't have the energy to be lifting and tugging at boxes that hold things I really don't need. We'll see how that goes. 

I spent two days going through some old keepsakes I have stored in totes under my bed. I told you storage was in short supply around here! What memories all of that drug up along with a ton of dust and used tissues I had blown my nose on and somehow they had hidden under my bed. I got rid of that mess and then cleaned up and neatly arranged my keepsakes back to await another day when I want a little trip down memory lane. 

I'll share a couple of my keepsakes that I am so proud of... 

This is my grandfather's school book. He signed the inside of it with his name and date... 1886. 


Another one that I treasure: a V-Mail sent to me during WWII from a friend who was serving in Italy. I was 10 years old at the time so this letter is 82 years old now.  


The envelope that it came in.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend. And, if you are rooting for a college football team I hope your team wins!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.