I promised you another story about Susan's visit with me!
We had been to lunch with Shirley and came back to the apartment to yak awhile. After Shirley left Susan got out her watercolors and, sitting in the floor, began to paint. I picked up a scrapbook to look at.
KNOCK, KNOCK
Susan went to the door and opened it. A policeman was standing there.
Seems that the lady downstairs had called the cops because we were making too much noise!
So, he went down to her place to check her out. Came back up and told us that she had told him I was always making a lot of noise and that my grandson visited regularly and made a lot of noise.
Guess what!
He has not been to visit me but one time!!
You see, this lady has been complaining about me for the three years since she moved in.
she is regularly calling the office complaining about all the noise I make. (I even don't wear shoes in my place so I don't make noise walking)
I've lived here 12 years and have had several people living under me. This is the first one that ever said I was noisy. One even told me she enjoyed living beneath me 'cause I was so quiet.
Then the banging started and went on for over a year. I really thought it was coming from over me but the policeman said it was her. She'd been banging on her ceiling with a broom handle to annoy me, I guess. To me it sounded like someone hammering down a carpet. And, it happened one night at midnight that woke me up out of a sound sleep. ( I must have been snoring really loudly)
That policeman couldn't have been nicer. He said that the minute Susan opened the door he saw that we were not at fault and told me to live my life and enjoy it. I could have hugged his neck!!
I guess this whoever she is has never lived in an apartment before and thinks she's not going to hear anything or anyone. Shirley said she'd pay me $5 to drop an iron skillet on the floor and we were laughing about it. it's just so ridiculous.
Yep, folks I am up here having a party every day! Gee Whiz. I'm 92 for gosh sakes. I couldn't kick up my heels if I had to.
We've had some laughs out of it. And, the cop said if she banged on my floor again that I was to call the cops on her!! So There!
This Southern expression is for my 'nice' neighbor!

.jpg)
Oh my word, that lady has issues! Although I've always suspected you were a party animal! :)
ReplyDeleteFor goodness sakes. Sounds like she may be jealous that you are up "partying" and she isn't. Glad you had a understanding and supportive police officer
ReplyDeleteI think your downstairs neighbor is batty and you should report her to management!
ReplyDeleteawwww, how sad!! she must be a very unhappy, sensitive woman!! what a shame, seems to me she would benefit from having you as a friend!!
ReplyDeleteHi Latane, Good grief! I'm so glad you can laugh about the lady living below your apartment and I got a kick out of Shirley's suggestion to you. It sounds like you understand that some people could have mental health issues that make them this way. I'm sure anyone living in your apartment would be accused of the same thing by the lady.
ReplyDelete