The start of a new month.
Boy, they are flying by now. Just wish time would slow down so I could catch up!!
I've not been doing a blooming thing interesting lately. Oh, I did go to Sam's Club today and shopped. I haven't been in a grocery store in ages so I just had myself a blast wandering around. I bought a cantaloupe, some plums and a bag of lemons and a package of already cooked chicken legs and thighs. Had one of those legs for supper tonight.
I freeze my lemons so when I get a chance to buy a batch of them, I do. I freeze the juice or I slice them and freeze the slices. It's just amazing what all you can freeze!
While I was writing one day I had a chapter where my main characters attend a football game. I've watched a lot of football over the years (Roll Tide) but there are still plays and terms that I don't understand.
Anyway, my grandson, Griffin, played on the Rutgers football team during his college years so I called him for some help. He gave me some valuable pointers and promised he'd fill me in on what really happens during halftime in the locker room. That ought to be interesting. But, I did warn him that my book was based in the late '40s so really bad language wouldn't have been used back then.
My basil is looking mighty peaked. Leaves turning yellow and dropping off. Does basil die off after a productive season or am I just not taking good care of it?
I'll go for now and crawl in bed and read 'til I fall asleep. Tomorrow is another day!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.