Monday, April 8, 2024

The Sun, the Moon and a Convertible

 One day Shirley and I were out tooling around when we stopped at the Visitors Center here in Suffolk. Sitting next door was this gorgeous old convertible. It looked lonesome. I sure wish I'd had a key... it wouldn't be lonesome anymore!!! Don't you think I dressed the part. We even match



We had an eclipse today... guess you did too wherever you are.
I didn't have the viewing glasses so no pics. But, I thought I'd post a picture I took some time back of the moon rising over the pine trees near my apartment. 


My crazy Christmas cactus is blooming again. It doesn't know what season it is anymore than the weatherman does!! 


I am happy to report that since my daughter gave me the subscription to MasterClass online I have seen and learned a lot from over 22 hours of instruction so far. Everything from Gut Health, Writing and Cooking. I have a ton more to watch yet. They give you workbooks and instruction books with most of the classes. I'm enjoying it all so much. 

Today I started watching Alice Waters (restauranteur, cookbook writer, etc, etc). One class was on how to shop for the best produce at Farmer Markets. Now, I can't wait to go to one to try out my new skills. 

Here's a picture from 2013 of me in the Farmer's Market in Smithfield, Va. 


Have a fabulous week. 
Hugs,
Latane


9 comments:

  1. You look good with that car!
    We had glasses at the office for the eclipse. Pretty amazing!
    Glad you are enjoying those classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo've changed your blog look again! Cute. Haven't heard of that series. we experienced some of the eclipse today. Wrote a blog entry that's going up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a stylish woman, my friend! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that eclipse must have been something. Nothing to see here in California!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were directly in the path of the eclipse, and had the complete darkness, which was very strange. The Master Class sounds like so much fun and interesting. I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look like the owner of that fabulous looking convertible:) You sure it isn't yours? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! You look like you and that car are a perfect pair! We were able to see the eclipse and enjoyed it. We live in west Texas. How nice of your daughter to give you a great subscription like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Latane~ I think you definitely need one of those beautiful old convertibles! You looked so cute standing by it! What a fun adventure with, MasterClass. I'm so glad you are enjoying it :0) I loved your photo of the moon, just beautiful! Have a great week! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. That convertible is perfect, Latane, and you driving it would be even better! The Master Class series sounds like a lot of informative learning. What a great gift from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.