Friday, April 5, 2024

A Rose is a Rose!!

 I got another beautiful bouquet from my daughter Susan. She signed up for one of those 'Once a Month' deals. I'm loving it but I hope I have convinced her that she should stop. Flowers are so expensive. Well, isn't everything and anything these days. Price of groceries are up about 35%-50% from 2020. Eating out is ridiculous. Gas is high, flight is high, Oh.. I will shut now about this now!! 

And, back to the flowers. This month it was a dozen roses, grown in Ecuador. I see a difference in those from what's grown here. Stems much longer, stronger, the blossoms last longer and there a nice aroma to these. 


Just look at this beauty!


and this one....


I love flowers, never was much of a grower myself. But, I love that other people grow them so I can enjoy them. 

Have a wonderful weekend!! 



7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! I love that pink/greenish one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I could almost smell those roses when I saw your first photo. They look absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are gorgeous and they even have a scent which normally florist roses don't ( at least I've never found that they did).
    Have a lovely weekend 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same gift from my son. I love flowers a day it is a real joy to receive a bouquet every month but I agree with you that it is an expensive treat. I don't want to go on but I am shocked how much everything has increased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses! I lived in Ecuador for a number of years and we could purchase bundles of 24 long-stemmed roses for $2.00 (TWO dollars) - they were a real treat.
    Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! How sweet of Susan to do this for you. Those petals look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right about the increasing cost of everything, Latane, and it was wonderful that Susan is sending you monthly flowers. It most likely gives her as much joy as they bring to you, perhaps a suggestion of every other month would please you both. The roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.