Friday, July 21, 2023

Just When Things Were Going Well

 Well, well, well....What a week. 

I had no idea of what to expect following my first Herceptin injection. I drove myself to the clinic... it was only 3 blocks... but it was raining so it wasn't all easy-peasy. 

Got my shot... came home. I am loving this. Nothing to worry about.

And, then the bottom fell out....  

I had nearly 3 hours of heavy chills and throwing up.. was restless the rest of the night

But. What you know.. I woke up feeling completely normal. Shirley came by and we gals went for mani-pedis. Had lunch out, too. 


However, I found out today that I will be having blood drawn every week for 6 weeks! Nobody told me about that!! My shots are every 3 weeks... At least I'm happy that they are keeping a close watch on me. I think!


All kidding aside, I feel so very blessed. It could have been so much worse.
So, no complaints! 

This is a picture of a prayer plant my grandson gave me. And, the mimosa I had to go with it! 😊


I celebrate every moment I have each and every day!







12 comments:

  1. You're handling the tough parts very well - You should be proud of yourself - And mimosas are a good reward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good they are keeping a close eye on you with the blood draws, unpleasant though they can be. I hope you have no side effects for your next injection and keep on celebrating every good moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Latane, I'm sorry about the throwing up for 3 hours. That is awful! But, what a relief that you were good the next day. Glad they're watching you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds horrible, so sorry you had to go through that. Glad to know you felt better by the next morning. A trip out with Shirley and a mani pedi was just the ticket. A sweet gift from your son also and that mimosa looks good. Thinking of you and sending a hug xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the bad reaction the first time and hope the others will be a little easier. I'm glad you got to go out and "celebrate" with Shirley afterwards. Prayers that this goes smooth and will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe for the next injection, ask your doctor for a med that keeps you from having such a bad reaction!
    Glad you came out of it so quickly...Love the pedi!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Latane, I hope the future injections don't affect you the same as the first injection. The blood draws don't sound pleasant either but you are right that the blood draws show that the doctors and nurses are watching over you. I like that you and Shirley were able to go together to get your mani pedis. A mimosa sounds like a good way to sit back and relax:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I'm sorry for that unexpected reaction to the injection! I suppose having a proactive med team is for the best, but those blood draws can't be any fun. Never heard of a prayer plant, but it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserved that mimosa, Latane, after your experience. Sorry to read about the after effects, but glad they were only for a single night. Hope the next time things will be easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your suffering! Interesting that you felt fine the next morning. Your cheeriness gives inspiration. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...that reaction must have been a surprise. I'm glad it was rather short-lived. Now you can sit back and enjoy life until the next round. GM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that doesn't sound fun at all! Sorry it made you sick. But like you said, grateful they're taking good care of you. Cute toes by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.