Sunday, July 16, 2023

Having 2nd Helpings of Fun, Friends and Food

                       Okay, if I explode during making this post I apologize! 

         We had our monthly picnic here at the Commons this afternoon. 



It was hot and we had occasional showers so we all tucked into the activity room and had a fabulous time.

There were so many of us that we ran out of table room so another table was dragged into place and it still was not enough seating.


I have never seen so much food... it was like being at a family reunion, and I guess it sort of was that. We all are family in a way. 

We had hot dogs and hamburgers. I chose a hotdog and then proceeded to pile so much other food on top of it that the bun got all soggy. I finally ate it with a fork. I am going to show you my plate.... don't laugh. I ate every bite of it. That is why I may explode! 

See the hotdog.... and that's an empanada on top of it along and a huge fried green tomato. Underneath was pasta salad. The cucumbers were so good... and the baked beans. I ought to be ashamed of myself for eating so much but I am not


The place was buzzing with conversation... so loud that you could hardly think but what a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I  met a new resident and enjoyed her company, I enjoyed being with the ones I know and I even saw some I didn't know but come to find out, they have been here awhile. I am so horrible with remembering people's names and putting names with faces. 

As we cleaned up in prep to head back to our apartments there was still a ton of food left. Many of us took things to eat later on.



My last post was about being a neighbor...

Well, Today just goes to show you I've got great neighbors. 



8 comments:

  1. I love that you had such a turn out and lots of good food - and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's my plate?? Lol
    And your plate looked small so, you're forgiven! Everything looks wonderful and I'm so glad you enjoyed the day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely indulge, too. Those cucumbers and the beans are catching my eye, and I wouldn't skip the empanada, either. I'm going to try the Bolivian version in a few weeks and will be blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy monthly date to look forward to !
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, all that food on your plate looked delicious, Latane, and looks like it was a great picnic even if it was indoors, much better than being outdoors in hot weather, no insects too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your monthly picnic looks like it was a huge success with so many people attending and so much food!!!
    We have a Potluck coming up next Sunday and it will be my turn to load up a plate. I'm in charge of Baked Beans and home made cheese buns. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  7. The get togethers at your apartments look like so much fun and what an amazing spread of good food! Glad it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fun monthly get together with good food in abundance and happy conversations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.