Thursday, July 13, 2023

Good News

 


Don't ask me what that means! 

It's just a saying we've used in the South for as long as I can remember.

And

I am as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine today! 

I went to the oncologist yesterday. I'd already been having doubts creep in about doing chemo at my age. 

But, they found my HR2 was positive when they did the biopsy, when was that... seems like ages ago. 

Don't ask me what HR2 is, either.

I just know that it has to do with the cells in your breast and skin and mine was positive so if a tiny positive bit was floating around in there, it would be agressive and that's not good.

So, yesterday the dr. said, no chemo.

but, he strongly recommended a shot that they do every 3 weeks of Herceptin to fight that bad HR2 positive thingy.

I start that treatment next week. 

To say I was relieved is an understatement. I mean.... I am in good shape for my age but I 'ain't' no spring chicken either. I just couldn't imagine what chemo would do to me. 



Thanks for your prayers, your concern and for having my back.
You are the greatest!



13 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for this report! I hear good reports on the Herceptin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless! I'm happy for you. I wouldn't want chemo either, as I get nauseated very easily. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you won't have to have chemo. Of course, the Herceptin will no doubts also have some side effects. With your great attitude you'll be fine. gM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your recovery. You have a wonderful positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy for you! Praying this shot will be just the thing you need! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got good news and now you know the plan of action and it sounds much better than chemo. Continued prayers and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy for you Latane and you are in my prayers sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news!
    My sister is 76 and her chemo treatments weren't too bad on her...12 of them.
    Her last one is Monday.
    Glad you're not having to endure them though.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful new! Have a grand weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.