Sunday, July 23, 2023

A Deerful Saturday

 Yesterday Shirley spent some time with me, us gals just chatting, filling in calendar dates so we don't miss anything coming up. She'd brought Chic-fil-a (our favorite) and we'd enjoyed that. Eventually (around 3 p.m. or so) I walked out on to the balcony then called for her to come see....

It was way earlier than I usually see deer out feeding but there they were. Five adult deer and three young ones. We had the best time taking pictures of them and a few other things around my little world. We had the best time. I hope you have moments like this with your loved ones. It's so important. 


Twins getting some late lunch!


Posing for the camera


First buck I'd seen here at the Commons


We all gotta eat!


Cattails by the pond


The crepe myrtle blossoms are about gone but managed to catch these against the sky. 


The osprey sitting high on his perch, the cell tower

and, I leave you with this thought!







5 comments:

  1. I love seeing the fawns! Glad you could spend time with Shirley. Love the photos you got. The Osprey is majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the deer photos! And the crepe myrtles are blooming here...love them!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing, especially the deer ones because how often does one see such a sight!!
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a great view from your balcony! Chick-Fil-A sounds good to me. I might have to stop there today:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.