Saturday, December 19, 2020

Parade of Lights

 One week ago today... Saturday 12th, I was in Alabama to see my son Michael participate in the Lighted Boat Parade at Joe Wheeler State Park. 


boats lining up for the parade

He'd come to Virginia to get me and boy, were we careful travelers, stopping only for gas and potty breaks. We just about used a can of Clorox wipes and our faces were masked every time we got out of the car. So, keep your fingers crossed, we did it up right. 

He brought me back home so that we could spend the holidays with some of the other family. We arrived yesterday and it felt good being home. The visit was special and he and I both were happy I got to see the parade. 

He'd worked so hard on preparing his boat... lights strung up the mast forming a tree shape and the lights were constantly changing colors. Lots of lights around the hull and he (dressed as Mr. Grinch) was pulling his dinghy with his Elf On A Shelf riding along behind. Elf on a Shelf was his last years decoration for the parade. 

He got me a room at the lodge overlooking the parade route. He and his little doggie, Sadie, slept on  his boat. She's not allowed in the lodge! So, I had the room all to myself. It was warm enough that I sat out on the balcony to watch the procession of lights, boats, music playing and people calling out 'Merry Christmas'. It was pretty cool!





Below: Michael as Mr. Grinch with his award


5 comments:

  1. It looks so festive and Narnia magical. Your sin did a marvelous job decorating his sailboat. He certainly is not a very good Grinch taking such good care of you that way. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you returned safely. What a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun..Hope everyone is well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are really breathtaking! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely for you! And your son winning was the icing on the cake! Merry Christmas!💖

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.