Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Chalking The Walk

I just got back to my apartment, puffing and panting, from doing a chalk the walk thing here at the Commons. At my age, I wasn't sure I would be able to get 'down' to the level I needed to but I was going to give it a try. Something new to add to my 'done' list.



First I tried bending over. Got too dizzy.

Next I obtained two cushions from the outdoor sofa. Stacked one on top of the other and managed to sit down on the top cushion.... and immediately fell over backward. There I was lying on the sidewalk with two cushions under my butt. No way I could even think about getting up. I wasn't hurt, not even my pride. I was laughing too hard.



So, I yelled for Sarah our life enrichment director who was in charge of this event and she came, laughing as she ran, to grab hold of one hand and pull me back to an upright position. I really wish she had taken a picture of me on the ground. It was just too funny. She was taking pictures of everything else but I think my toppling backward just startled her into rescue mode..

She brought me a folding chair and I completed my chalk art sitting and bending over so that I could draw on the sidewalk. Here is what I did.






More of our residents chalk art work






Living life to the fullest, drawing on sidewalks with chalk... 



8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, it's a good thing your sense of humor is intact. What a fun idea and I like your heart. I'm sure Sarah does too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your sense of humor and your zest for life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a candidate for America's Funniest Home Videos, too bad it wasn't caught on tape. Glad you weren't hurt and were able to laugh at it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chalk drawings are being drawn everywhere... sidewalks, parks, etc. Glad you were able to participate. And your Commons looks like a very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful and yes I giggled a little about your story! So happy that you were able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. AND YES, you had a good laugh! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    **(This is reference to the anonymous comment, go to your settings and check to NOT ALLOW anonymous comments. Ridiculous that someone would post such mean words)**

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea. I think yours is the best with the lace and all. At first was alarmed at your tumble but so glad you weren't hurt and that you saw only the humor of it. Humor is the best medicine now days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great group of artists you have living in our building. Your heart is perfect. Don't you just love to laugh at some of the situations you find yourself in? I find it uplifting to be able to laugh at some of the things I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel bad, Latane, I'm sure that if I tried to kneel down to chalk a sidewalk, the getting up would be my downfall too *so to speak). I enjoyed seeing your own and your neighbor's colorful art and messages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.