Friday, August 30, 2024

Blessings Abound!

 I am so blessed to have a family who cares for me.... lovingly, emotionally, physically. I get a phone call from one of them just about every day. The daughter that lives near me (Shirley) is a constant 'checker-upper'. 


The other day I went to get some lab work done. Out of courtesy I turned my phone ringer off and like I always do, I forget to turn it back on after I'd had my blood drawn.

Hours later, I finally pick up my phone and see that Shirley and Susan had both been trying to call me. I call Shirley and right in the midst of my explaning why I hadn't responded to their calls, a neighbor knocks on my door. Seems as if they had my neighbors out looking for me! A bit embarrassing but sort of sweet, too.

Monday Shirley and John came down to remove my balcony rug. It had been out there about 9 years, in all sorts of weather, and it was in bad shape. They brought me a lovely bouquet of zinnias. 


All through the summer, everytime John buys a watermelon, he cuts it up and I get a large ziplock bag of melon. That man knows his Mother-in-law loves watermelon. 

Another thing I love is chicken and dressing. On Thursdays a restaurant here in town has that dish as their special. Shirley drove down (it's 35 miles to her house) and took me to Holland's so we could have chicken and dressing. This is her plate... I was toooo busy eating mine to be taking pictures of it. 


The restaurant doesn't serve cranberry sauce with this dish so Shirley just brought along a plastic container of it for us to have with our meal. 

Life just doesn't get much better than this....



12 comments:

  1. i think that is fried okra on that last plate and I LOVE OKRA.. daddy grew all our food and I had to pick that stinging okra, but i sure loved to eat it. now I don't eat it because my old stomach doesn't like it. you are blessed to have a beautiful family that loves you so much. I am happy for you. about your comment on my post about daddy's book for ministers. You are right, there is much in the book that could help the ones we have today. Daddy would die of shock if he saw the Baptist churches now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very blessed with your family.. and that food looked delicious... invite me next time you go there?? Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken dinner is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - you are blessed with great kids, who were blessed with a great mom! I love that they check up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Latane! What a blessing to have your daughters close to you. I can tell you are very loved by all who know you. What a treat to have your daughter bring you out to have, chicken and dressing! And, I think it's so cute that she brought you cranberry sauce. Beautiful post! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed indeed! Love that John brings you watermelon. I really adore all of the sweet gestures of love! And that chicken dinner looks perfect. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are blessed to have such love and care from your children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rocking with joy and blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bouquet of zinnias is pretty. Zinnias are such a nice old fashion flower.
    You have great children who take excellent care of you💗💗💗💗.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you recognize and appreciate your family's efforts. We've all known Seniors who could be demanding and self-centered. You have great children because you are a good Mom who taught them kindness and how to show love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading this. You are certainly very blessed with your family, daughters and son-in-law. And of course I know they feel you are a blessing to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.