Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Eating High On The Hog.

I can't believe I've been so busy... just love it.

Monday went like this. After I had posted my Memory Monday, this happened.

Noon... Lunch with my girlfriends at Decoys Restaurant. These are the ladies (minus one who couldn't make it) that meet every other week. We've been doing that for four years now. The two gals across from me, they are from Pa. originally. They had tuna melts. I've never had a melt of any kind!

 The girl sitting next to me had a shrimp boil. And, me... can you see how tall that crabmeat sandwich is? I finally had to take the patty out and slice it in two. But, we had fun and that's what it's all about.


At 3:30 I was back downstairs in the community room for a Hot Cider Social...


Cider all gone so back upstairs to take a nap... I couldn't so at 6 I head back down to watch a movie. 
We saw "Gifted Hands" a story about Dr. Ben Carson, the famous pediatric neurosurgeon (and presidential candidate). It was good. 

I met a new neighbor, a woman named Karen. She's nice. She has just moved in to the apartment under me so I will have to be more careful about stomping around up here. I hear every step the woman who lives over me makes. Hallelujah she doesn't move around much! πŸ˜€

Home again just in time to see Dancing With the Stars. I was just heartsick over James Van Der Beek not getting into the finals. He was my favorite! 

I woke up at 8:15 this morning. Oh my gosh, I gotta get ready to leave...

A bunch of us went an hour away to Rocky Hock, N. C. to the Rocky Hock Playhouse to hear a concert and have a scrumptious lunch. I swear... I gotta quit eating all the time! 

My lunch... can you believe that I ate the whole thing.... Oh My Gosh. I am gonna be bigger than the side of a barn if I don't watch it!! 


                                    The entertainment really put me in the Christmas spirit.
 I took video and now I can't figure out how to get the durn thing off my smart phone onto my blog. I've tried a ton of stuff. I did post it on facebook, though. Well, something new to explore...

Y'll take care now. Have a good night. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of good times and good food. Enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Today I'm off to to meet my youngest sister to take my oldest sister to lunch. Her 75th birthday was last week.
    Is your computer an Apple? You can do an airdrop from iPhone to laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Scrumptious!
    Last night I went with friends to a Mexican restaurant, and I meant to order a Chicken Quesadilla. But guess what - I said Chicken Fajitas instead! And I didn't realize my mistake until the waiter brought it to the table. Oh well, I thought, I will get a to-go box for the leftovers. But then, I ate the whole thing!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada! I came across your blog this morning and have gone through it all😊 I love your spirit and love of life. I need to remember to stop and smell the roses from time to time, thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm from rural New York state, mom of 16, and blogging enthusiast...I just came across your blog, and I love it! It's so nice the new owners of your building are doing fun things for you, and I wanted to suggest that when you go on your little get-away in December, before you go: directly contact the resort/hotel and request a room near an elevator. Anyway, thank you for sharing your adventures!!! I'll be back, so keep writing!!!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fun to meet regularly with friends for lunch, I do that too, with friends I met while working at the university. I retired 10 years ago and we still get together. The food you ordered sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH that crab sandwich! :-) Glad you have been getting out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have been busy, Latane, and all in good ways. Getting together with friends is wonderful and something I miss doing with longtime friends living in other states. That crab cake sandwich looked delicious too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.