Friday, July 12, 2019

Fun In The Sunflower Field

At this stage of my life, it surely doesn't take much to make me happy. Being with family ranks high on the chart!

And, doing something I've never done before. I get a huge kick out of that. 

Today dau. Shirley and I went to granddaughter BB and her hubby's house on the Eastern Shore to see their very large sunflower field. 

We soon were being greeted with bright yellow faces. It was like being surrounded by nothing but pure sunshine. Bees swarmed about... 


Beautiful butterflies enjoyed the nectar...




We snapped away with our cameras. 



We wandered from row to row, searching for that perfect shot. 


And, I admit, we posed for a few snaps as well...





There is so much joy in the simple things of life, like being with loved ones in a field of sunflowers.

11 comments:

  1. Really beautiful....I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved doing this with you today!
    We had SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflower fields make you feel so happy when you come upon one, especially when it's an accidental discovery. Love how their heads follow the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend a day. Beautiful pics! They made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect day I'm certain, lovely photos. I only had a row, not a field, of yellow sunshine. . . . . . . . . but this year the deer and squirrels decided it was their patch and most of the flowers never even had a chance to open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect day I'm certain, lovely photos. I only had a row, not a field, of yellow sunshine. . . . . . . . . but this year the deer and squirrels decided it was their patch and most of the flowers never even had a chance to open!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the shots of you all up to your armpits in them. Are they growing them for oil or seeds? Good market for both now days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful day!!! Forever more I think sunflowers will call forth this image in all of your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I know where that very large sunflower field is located on the Eastern Shore, VA. If it's the one I'm thinking of, we visited there several times and it was truly spectavular as you have shown. Also, Grenville (Pat) thanks you for the birthday wishes. He had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how beautiful! Sunflowers just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.