Saturday, October 3, 2026

New Ideas and Other Stuff

 I wish I had more stuff going on in my life than I do so I could entertain you all with these amazing posts but alas I do not. My life right now is consumed by writing and that book is getting interesting!! I am over half-way finished and I am about to add this big mystery to the mix. So, yes, I am super focused on all that right now. Sorry.... 

We did have a cookout last night which was fun. But, no pictures! I didn't feel all that swift and I just didn't get up and mingle that much but the table where I was sitting was a barrel of fun. We laughed and laughed and that felt so good. And, afterward I 'snuck' me an extra hotdog up to my apartment so I could have it during my football game today!! Yep, it's Saturday and Alabama is up against Mississippi State. Lordy, that ought to be a fantastic game. 

Shirley brought down cupcakes to the cookout, German Chocolate and Brownie Carmel... She knows I love the German Chocolate so she had 4 cupcakes in a container. Some of that will Football treats as well.

I do read a lot but if the book isn't all that spectacular I don't' remember much about it later on. Some books just grab you though. I like Charles Martin's writing and Kristin Hannah. Alan Levy is my new favorite. Oh, my gosh, I loved "Theo of Golden" as did nearly everyone who has read it. And, of all things I am now obsessed with Harlen Coben. He's got tons of his mystery books on Netflix. Who are your favorite authors?

I think that maybe I should set up one day a week for a 'speciality' post (the same theme) so that might make me have something interesting to say. What you think? 

1. What's you favorite item (say five or six photos of same theme) and you pick your favorite

2. My favorite photo day

3. Four or Five Flowers 

4. Favorite places I have been

aw, come on... help me out here. What you think? 

Y'all have a fabulous day. And, if you root for a special college football team I hope your team wins!! 

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit - I am struggling through Theo of Golden. It has not captured my interest the way I though it would. I will be very interested to see what our book club thinks! I like your idea for blog topics. What seems unimportant to you might be fascinating to the rest of us, so do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gina; one person's mundane is of interest to another. I always appreciate hearing about another's life, whatever that involves. You are very social with solid family support = blog fodder; as is the writing process. I enjoy Kristin Hannah's writing as well as Isabel Allende, Cecilia Ahern. Elisabeth Berg. Just keep on keeping on, Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in a season where I don't have time to settle in with a good book. My kindle reader has a few saved. Usually when our rainy season starts I get the book reading vibes.I was trying to read some of my favorite classics once again. so the last one was The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.
    You're in the books writings mode and I appauld your dedication to finishing it. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theo of Golden!!! Absolutely the best. I got it on my kindle, then bought the real thing so I could share it. I've shared it with 7 people so far and they all loved it. I like Kristen Hannah too.
    I think any of those things would be interesting to see from you. A photo post is easy to do and easy to comment on, so I guess that's my suggestion. However, I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.