Thursday, July 23, 2026

Basil's Taking Over

 My granddaughter-in-law gave me a flat of small basil plants about a month ago. I love basil. Not that I use that much in cooking but because I love the smell. I'll just break off a piece and walk around with it sniffing it. Well, it's better than sniffing pot, don't you think!! 😊

Anyway, you gotta look at these plants now. And, they are blooming and I am trying to snip them down so they'll keep growing. I must be doing something right. My little pot of mint isn't doing too badly, either. There's a lot of things I can't grow but I don't think it's basil. Right!!


As I told you yesterday I started doing the Photo-a-day thingy and today's pick is 'an ordinary moment'. 

Here's my ordinary moment


Just me taking a break with some iced tea and a bit of lunch. That's pretty ordinary!



2 comments:

  1. Your ordinary moment is perfect, Latane, and that glass of iced tea looks great! You =really have a lot of basil and a couple of things you can do with it are make a green goddess dressing or some pesto...or just enjoy its fragrance as you have been doing 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love basil. As my pot of mint seems to be doing well maybe I should try basil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.