Wednesday, July 22, 2026

When It Rains, It's Pours

 We residents here at Centerbrooke have been thrown a huge curve ball. Will the drama never end!!

The apartment building is owned by multiply owners from places like New York and New Jersey. Now, I'm not throwing stones at people from those areas but I often wonder if those folks have any idea what older people need and want and have to have. They took over in 2017 and turned our common room into something that was a showcase and totally unworkable for the elderly. They wouldn't provide the van that we had had, the hair salon was shut down. 

They hired a management company from Virginia to oversee the place and there have been so many changes it's hard to keep up. And, we have had constant staff turn-overs so that's unsettling. Nobody seems to want to work here.

Well, last week we were told that the owners got rid of the management company, they'd oversee the managing of this place themselves (with various contractors etc). How they gonna do that from hundreds of miles away!! 

We had a wonderful staff member. I don't think he's been here much over a year but he was one that you could tell he loved us and cared about us. And, dog gone if he isn't leaving Friday. I am just heartsick over this. 

Okay, I've ranted enough. Thanks for listening. I needed to get that off my chest. I am very curious as to how the next few months are going to play out. I'll keep you posted.

              In the meantime I'll keep dancing.....



                                                     Hey, I want to play!


I thought I'd catch up with a few blog friends this morning and visited Mary at visitswithmary@blogspot.com. Her post really spoke to me... I need a distraction big time and I loved the thought of posting a different picture each day with oneseasontothenext.blogspot.com  

                           So, may I play along? 

                          (today's photo is a tree) 

                               Here's my Tree 


                 taken on Colonial Parkway in Virginia. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Latane, I'm so sorry. It really is hard in Independent Living and Assisted Living nowdays, finding and keeping staff is a problem all over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.