Friday, July 26, 2024

A Little Bit of This & That

I just loved the comments I received in my last post. Reading about all your 'memories' of how things used to be just made me feel like I could see you each and every one, in that situation. I enjoyed it so much and I want to thank you for being so gracious in answering. You are the best. 



I went for my 3 month check-up with my surgeon last Monday. It's been a year since my lumpectomy and so they now are 'graduating' me to every 6 months to be checked. She said I was doing fine. Anytime I can get the 'fine' response to any test, I feel like celebrating. 



I just couldn't help using that graphic above. I swear, if it doesn't stop raining we all are going to be looking for us an ark. Noah, you out there somewhere, come by and pick me up!


Our lunch bunch went to Amici's for lunch yesterday.
When I told my son about our plans, he said I should try the caprese bites. Well, you never go wrong if you follow your son's advice (at least not mine).


I tell you, they were so good. Not that you could say they were 'bites'. At least 5 or 6 bites in each one and I savored every single morsel. 
A bit messy ... I did drop some of that balsamic dressing on my white pants. But, I'll get it out. 


The Olympics start today.
Do you plan on watching? 
I definately want to see the opening ceremony. I've been to Paris twice in my lifetime, been on the Seine River... can't wait to see how they do the opening on the river instead of in a building. 

Here's a picture I took of one of the bateaus on the Seine River. 
1986


A word of wisdom for today:

"If you can't take it with you, then enjoy the heck outta it while you can."


10 comments:

  1. Yay for the 6 months!! Your lunch choice looks delicious! Have a cozy and lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great doctor's report! I love a good caprese, and your bites look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for graduating to 6 months! Your caprese bites look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news from the doctor!! I have no idea what a caprese bite consists of but I'll look that up. Meanwhile yours look very appetizing. ( I hope you got that stain out of your white pants).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You show the prettiest foods! Wow! I seldom am able to to get a meal together anymore. Of course, my hubby wants something different! Love the souls of the Capture salad. Yum. I had a stroke almost 3 years ago, and I think my brain got scrambled!
    I am a lifetime Virginia! Love finding you, Latane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the health report and those bites looked delish! I went to the 2012 Olympics, a life time experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there too watching the atheletics. Wonderful time to be in London. .

      Delete
  8. Missed the opening ceremonies this time. That lunch looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.