Sunday, March 17, 2024

St. Patrick's Day

 I always thought I was probably of Irish descent. Just felt it in my bones so in 1996 I went to Ireland. I felt right at home so my assumption must be correct!!

                                                                   NOT...

Did my DNA and there's very little Irish in me. I'm mostly English with smatters of Scotch, German and maybe a drop of other things here and there. Well, durn!!

                                                              HOWEVER...

I still celebrate St. Patrick's Day. That wee bit of Irish blood in me (although it is centuries old) speaks loud and clear to this day. 

           To all my Irish friends and those like me who think they are Irish..



Happy St. Patty's Day


4 comments:

  1. I love the Irish and wish I had some of it in me, but I'm about as Dutch as one can be, with just a wee hint of English.
    Oh well - Happy St Patricks Day anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latane! And Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I think most people have a touch of the Irish in them. As for me, my great grandfather was from Cork, Ireland (O'Regan) and moved to England after the potato famine. So my grandfather and dad were both born in London (changed name to Regan there) and then back to O'Regan when he took the whole family to the states after WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    As it happens, I've been Irish so long, there's no DNA test results that will change that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St Patrick's Day to you too. I celebrated with a big tall glass of Irish Stout brewed in Ireland even.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.