Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Pies Surprise

 As most of you know, my daughter Susan had her ankle replaced 13 days ago. 

And, what does she do!!

I found a box sitting outside my door yesterday. It was from her. Guess she's getting bored lying up in bed with that foot elevated 😉

Inside was a small box with 4 'tiny' (their description, not mine) pies. Apple, cherry, chocolate and pecan. 

The smell coming outta that box just took my breath away. The instructions said 'eat within 3 days'. 

Hmmmmmm. Okay, I'd better get right to it, then. Don't want them to spoil. 😊

So, I pulled out the pecan and bit into it. Oh my.  I'm southern and do love a good pecan pie and that one was superb! 

Wasn't that just the sweetest thing for her to do? 


Gee, I wonder which one I will choose for today's treat? 

Which would you?


11 comments:

  1. They look delicious. I wouldn't know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't have any left by now. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate would have been eaten first at my house. I love a good dark chocolate pie. Then it would be apple (with a little cheddar cheese on top), pecan, and then cherry. What a nice daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that definitely was the sweetest thing for your daughter to do and amazing that she is able to do so after her surgery. What a fun surprise for you. They all look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, she is a loving, thoughtful daughter. Obviously, she felt the need to be up and at'em. I would definitely have selected the pecan first...is there a fruit pie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How thoughtful. A lovely, tasty surprise on your doorstep. Wouldn't that just lift anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet thing for your daughter to do and like you, I would have trouble which one to eat next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Latane! I haven't heard from you in ages. I just spotted your comment on Far Side's post. I hope you are well! cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a special surprise! YUM, YUM, YUM! I will have to search those out on-line! Praying that Susan heals quickly and is back on her feet before too long! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you got such a tasty surprise. I think it would be most difficult to chose one to start with...I might just nibble on them all. Hoping all continues to go well for your daughter and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet gift and neat idea for small pies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.