Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Fire-breathing Dragon

                                        You can just feel Fall in the air! 


Yesterday was one gorgeous day so Shirley and I escaped our four walls and did a little fun stuff.

We went to a nice restaurant next to a creek. We've been there before so we knew the food would be great. And, they were doing a great job keeping everyone safe during this virus. So we felt that it was the best place to get some yummy food. 

When I saw collards on the menu... well, that decided it for me. They came with Memphis Barbeque chicken and french fries. It was soooo good. 


Shirley got a Cobb Salad with extra shrimp. It looked good, too but since we moved to Virginia 20 years ago, I've eaten so much seafood.... I'm about tired of the stuff! So, bring on the collards!!


I'd been seeing a gift shop on facebook and asked if we could stop there. It was huge, a big 2 story house with every room crammed full of things. It was just tooo much! I bought some large tomatoes and a bag of orange slices. Wish I'd gotten more tomatoes. Best tasting ones I've had in forever. 


There were some nice pumpkins and mums outside.


We stopped then to check out a fire-breathing mosaic dinosaur. He wasn't in the fire mode. But, I know he does that because there was a propane gas tank attached to his tail.😁


Our next stop was Evans Farm Market. It's small but did offer a nice photo-opt area. 


 Time to head home. Tummy full, naptime!! 


6 comments:

  1. So good to spend time with a daughter and get out of the house. One can only take just so much of one's own company and cooking. The farmers' markets look so beautiful in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These outings have become so important since lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you two had. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had collards one night this week for dinner, YUM! What a nice outing. I am ready for some "get out of the house" days too. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely trip.
    We haven't eaten out since March!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never had collards and have to look on the internet to find out what they are. You and Shirley sure look happy together:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.