Saturday, May 23, 2020

We Attend A Wedding

We have had so few activities here at the Commons since the 'shut-down' began mid-March. A concert once, and a church service once, all in the courtyard with social distancing.

                   So, imagine how excited we all got when we received an                                                                                           invitation to a wedding.

The groom lives on the third floor so when the music started the couple started down the stairs, holding hands. She had a bouquet in one hand, he was holding an umbrella over them. It had been raining but had ceased by the time the ceremony started. I guess the umbrella was 'just in case'.




It was a very casual affair but they looked so happy. Big smiles, voices cracking with emotion during the vows. And, bubbles being blown off the third floor balcony.




Residents gathered along the balcony railings cheering them on as they had their kiss and their first dance.







It was really nice. Sort of made you stop and think about life and what's important. We all wish them a happy life together. 

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you could participate in this wonderful event, even if at a distance. At least you can see each other and wave, being at home you see no one except people walking or riding bikes. Thank you for stopping in and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. They had all the important stuff to make a wedding perfect. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting. Now that was something I wouldn't have expected at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! Life-affirming and joyous for the couple and their guests as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. What a wonderful surprise this must have been. Will stop by your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Just stopped by your new blog and tried to leave a comment. Fascinating and in awe of your trip across the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how exciting! Wonderful that you were able to celebrate with this sweet couple! Have a blessed Memorial Day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Latane, and it showed that there can indeed be moments of joy and happiness shared in tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited my doctor for a second opinion to verify that I am currently experiencing genital warts on both sides of my inner labia caused by HSV which I was not aware I had until the genital warts appeared. I discovered them about 2 months ago and it saddened me to find the warts because I felt it meant I had contracted an STD,I never applied medical drugs or therapies,because I prefer going natural routes first if any are available. At first, I was not sure I’d be able to use anything since the labia is such a sensitive area but I remembered that I had been reviewing series of testimonies on how herbal doctor razor had been curing people of Genital warts, And I had Them on the bottoms of my feet so I decided to try doctor razor herbs. Thankfully, Doctor razor herbal medication seems to be getting rid of the genital warts. When I first began applying it I noticed some slight aching feelings in my vaginal area that I had never felt before. I no longer feel the aches though. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE COMPLETELY CURED OF THIS VIRUS.However, I don’t feel the shame anymore and am so grateful to Mother Nature and Doctor Razor for helping a sister out. Reach him on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp/Call his cell phone on +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.