Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day


Today was Mother's Day and I spent the afternoon with daughter, Shirley and her family. We've about decided that we've passed the contagious stage so we can be in the same house with each other. Just no hugging or stuff like that.

My grandson grilled some steaks... I haven't had a steak in forever!




 It was soooo good. Baked potatoes, green beans and deviled eggs. And, German Chocolate Cake for dessert.




I had said a couple weeks ago I'd just about give an arm and a leg for a piece of German Chocolate Cake so Shirley got up this morning and baked one.

Oh, I came home with both arms and both legs.. so that cake didn't cost me a thing except maybe an inch or two around the waist. 

I got lovely gifts from my other children... they all live away but sent their love.

                     It was a wonderful day and I felt so special. 

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well.

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a great day. The meal looks fabulous and I'm sure the company was even better. Still not out yet, but eagerly awaiting actually spending time with family and friends. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun and could be with family.
    Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Mother's Day for you. I'm drooling over that steak:) Enjoy your day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH, it looks like comments are working! That cake looks delicious. I am So happy that you were able to spend time with family. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sp happy you had such a wonderful Mother's Day and could spend it with your family in these strange times. That steak looks amazing. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see your comments working again. Seems your Mother's Day was awesome! I love cake too. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family, steak and German Chocolate Cake - doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Mother's Day wishes to you Latane and thanks for sharing those wonderful food photos of what sounded like a great get together with family. You were lucky enough to be able to there's nothing better on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mother's Day sounds absolutely perfect. Oh, I remember my mother's German Choc. Cake! Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.