Sunday, June 4, 2023

They Grow Up and Leave the Nest!

 We've always had geese on the pond. A couple of years, there was a nest built and Mama sat on the eggs but we never had any goslings. 



This year was different. Before my surgery I saw a pair of geese swimming across the pond followed by 5 little ones. I was so excited. 


Back home again there were two families sharing the pond.

Now there are three!  Sorry, no pics of all three at one time. 


Wow... What a joy to watch them grow. Soon they will be big enough to leave and then I'll have to find another distraction!! Oh Well. 



10 comments:

  1. I would love a view of wildlife like you get to enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Latane! Great pictures of the family of geese. I hope that you are getting some rest and healing quickly. Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to watch the geese/ducks or whatever is out there enjoying the surroundings? We were Thrilled to see a doe on our walk this morning. She was on a little island and others said there was a fawn too but we didn't see it. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maira Kamran Is here.. well I am new here, I am searching for fashion & food blogs.. I found yours, this is amazing sharing.. love this so much.. keep sharing :)

    women’s jewelry online shopping in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet to watch little bird families!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could sit and watch the creatures of nature all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love watching the babies and they grow up SO fast. We have some close to our place, too. It is fun to watch them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.