Thursday, March 16, 2023

What's Next On My Reading List?

                                         I just finished the book 


'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed. A bio about her struggles and how she overcame them on a hike through the Pacific Crest Trail. I saw that Reese Witherspoon starred in a movie about that so I definately want to see it soon. It's on one of my streaming services so it won't be difficult to find. 

For quite awhile now, as I read first this book and then that, I noticed that I run across passages that I just want to read over and over....so I started jotting them down in a notebook. I'll pick up that notebook and read it over again and again. Some of the quotes are by me. I do have some deep thoughts every once in awhile. 😀

                                            I also recently finished 


  'Lessons in Chemistry' which our little book club chose as a read.

        Now, I don't know what I want to read next.                                                         Anyone with any suggestions? 



8 comments:

  1. Have you read any Anne Perry books? She has a few series. The one I like best is the Thomas Pitt and Charlotte series. Mysteries set in London during the Victorian era. I love all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want another memoir try The Salt Path by Raynor Winn. I enjoyed Lessons in Chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Happyone! I've read and own all of Anne Perry's books! Started collecting first editions back in 1990. Love Thomas & Charlotte Pitt series...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the book review Latane. It sounds like a very interesting one. I am reading the latest Louise Penny book, A World of Curiosities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about passages that you want to remember. I like keeping various journals and keep one for exactly that purpose. I read Wild a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading mysteries lately and love them. I like Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry. It's quirky and fun. I loved Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t read either of these books you mentioned, Latane. My favorite book types are historical fiction and mystery. I finished the Mitford Affair recently and can recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.